Social Media Stalking
In the world we live in today, you can find anything and everything you want online. This includes finding anything and everything about a first date, an ex-lover or a current partner. So you think you have what it takes to be a modern day media detective? Before you have your way with Google, let’s go over the pros + cons.
- You can find out if your first date is going to be your last. AKA see if he’s an axe murderer. (Unless you’re into the Charles Manson type, no judgement here)
- You can see that your ex is still lonely and single and better yet, he got fat – giving you a momentary sense of relief.
- You will never need to hire a private detective because thanks to Facebook and Instagram, you can always see who your significant other adds as a “friend.”
- You start making assumptions about a person based on his or her social media profiles. And you know what they say about when you “assume”. . .
- You can see that your ex is in a relationship. . . and in love. . . and omg wait, is that a ring on her finger?! Cue to you drinking 4 glasses of wine and petting your cat saying “you’ll never leave me right?”
- Your conversations with your boyfriend/girlfriend/lover/whatever start looking like this, “Who is Stacy?! And why did you ‘like’ her photo?!”