There’s No Place like Home
Thinking of fun date ideas is not that easy, but some ideas have been right under your nose the whole time, or more like ‘under your roof’. They say home is where the heart is, but I say home is where the creative date ideas are. You don’t always need to go out to have a good time. Why not stay in and enjoy each other’s company in the comfort of your own home? Here are some unique date ideas that aren’t expensive, but are for sure enjoyable.
5 Home Date Ideas
- More S’mores Please – You can’t go wrong with graham crackers, chocolate and marshmallows. Have some fun either by a fire pit or a fireplace and make s’mores together. You can get creative with different ingredients to add a unique touch (peanut butter, bananas, strawberries, etc.)
- Bubbles + Bubbles – What do you get when you combine a jacuzzi and champagne – a ‘hot’ date that is! If you don’t have a jacuzzi, no worries, a bathtub works just the same (and adds more intimacy). Spice it up with some bubbly to go with the bubbles, and you’ve got yourself one romantic night.
- Backyard Camping – You don’t have to go to a campsite to camp, you’ve got one in your backyard. Either lay out some sleeping bags or set up a tent and watch the stars shine all night long. This is a fabulous date idea for you outdoorsy types, without the whole ‘having to pee in the bushes’ part. Bring out some lanterns, light up a fire and camp for your heart’s desire.
- Cocktails + Cinema – This ain’t your average movie night. This one puts a spin on watching movies together, making it more fun and more tasty. Here is a perfect list of the 20 best movie drinking games to play. Getting tipsy has never sounded so fun!
- Let the Games Begin – Having a game night with your lover can be fun, especially if you two are competitive. Here are some board games that won’t leave you and your partner bored: Twister, Scrabble (for all you word freaks out there), battleship, monopoly, puzzles, card games, even ouija board (for those who like to live on the wild side). If you want to spice it up, you can make any game a drinking game as well.