Dinner for Two Please
Take it from a girl who masters the microwave like nobody’s business, when you cook for your man or woman for the first time, you’ll want it to be EASY. Nothing says “kiss me now” like a delicious meal for the one you love. And nothing says “see ya later” like burnt pizza in the oven, sweat rolling down your forehead and you ordering fast food from down the street last minute. Here are some super-manageable meal ideas that will leave your partner happy (and you a little less crazy).
- Pizza – Pizza is the Beyonce of foods, it’s always a crowd pleaser. It is super easy to make and will leave you both full of happiness, love and cheese. Your date will appreciate that you made it yourself, instead of having it delivered. If you want to get even craftier, you can make homemade pizzas together. Tip: if you don’t have enough time to make the dough, most stores sell it pre-made. Here’s a great homemade pizza recipe.
- Cheeseburger – Mmm who doesn’t love a good cheeseburger? Well, unless you are a vegetarian, then go with the pizza idea. If you have a George Foreman grill, then making burgers should be quite simple! Another great way to make them is to use a slow cooker. Here’s a fabulous recipe for those who can prep the meal hours beforehand and are into a short amount of cooking time : Cheeseburger recipe.
- Cheese plate with fruit + wine – Holla if you’re a cheese plate kind of gal like me. This semi-meal is easy and tasty! I would suggest adding in some fruit, bread and/or crackers and some meats. Guide to making the perfect cheese plate.
- Chicken Tacos – I love this idea because you can set up the dinner table extra cute. Again, use the slow-cooker for this one. After the tacos are done, you can set out bowls for all the extra ingredients (guacamole, lettuce, cheese, salsa, etc.). Chicken taco recipe.
- Pasta – You didn’t think I was going to leave out this classic dish, did you?! Pasta. It’s an all-time fave. I thought I would add in a healthy arugula pasta salad option for all you health nuts out there. Yummy arugula pasta salad recipe.
And for dessert…
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries – This is hands down the easiest dessert to make. Plus, people always think you went above and beyond to make these. All you need to do is buy some strawberries, wash them off and use the microwavable chocolate dip (you can find this at any grocery store). Easy peasy!