In honor of National Homemade Cookie Day, The Dating Department teamed up with Shurie to make the most delicious cookies you’ll ever get your hands on. There’s no better way to start out the fall season than by baking these delectable pumpkin sugar cookies. You’ll be sure to fall in love with them! So get your pumpkin on with this recipe…
Ingredients For The Cookies
Ingredients For The Frosting
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a large mixing bowl, mix the butter, pumpkin, powdered sugar, sugar, vanilla and eggs until very smooth.
3) In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
4) Gradually mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until incorporated. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
5) Grease baking sheet with cooking spray
6) Roll dough into 2 inch balls and place on baking sheet. Use the bottom of a tall glass to flatten the dough balls to 1/2 inch thickness.
7) Bake for 10-14 minutes until cookies start to look “dry.” Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
8) While baking, prepare the frosting. Mix together butter, cream cheese, greek yogurt in a medium bowl. Gradually mix in powdered sugar. Store in airtight container.
9) Frost cookies immediately before serving.
Check out Shurie’s blog for lifestyle tips, recipes, amazing hair advice and much more. Seriously, she’s amazing.