Knowing Your Love Language → Happy & Healthy Relationship
Gary Chapman created the theory that both men and women have 5 different love languages. That’s right ladies and gentlemen, not just 1, but 5! The idea is that you and I have different ways of feeling loved. Maybe one person feels loved by receiving sweet “I love you” texts in the morning, while another person, like myself, feels cupid’s arrow when gifted a Noah’s bagel from his or her partner. (The cream cheese/bagel ratio is perfection tbh) It’s important to understand which of these love languages speak to you and which ones are important to your lover.
The Five Love Languages
- Words of Affirmation – This is the girl or the guy who feels loved through words. You’re the girl who wants to hear your guy tell you how beautiful you look. Or you’re the guy who feels most happy when hearing the words “I love you.” So if your guy or girl is into words, you better start speaking up!
- Receiving Gifts – I know this one sounds superficial, but hey, no judging. This is the person that feels more love with every Michael Kors watch he or she gets. So if you’re a Stingy Sam or a Stingy Sally, maybe a partner with this love language isn’t your best fit.
- Quality time – Most people enjoy quality time with their partner, but some with this love language, enjoy it to the max. This is the person who fills his or her love tank with time spent together. So start planning more dates if this sounds like your lover.
- Acts of Service – This love language is all about feeling the love through kind acts, such as doing the dishes, laundry, cooking, you get the point. Luckily, I am not with a man whose love language is this one because I ain’t no Susy Homemaker. Am I right?
- Physical Touch – I’m not just talking about sex here people. It’s more than that. This person feels most connected when holding hands, hugging, etc. So if your mate is in this category, cuddle up next time you’re watching your favorite TV show.